The search for the Velvet Scoters ended up in a really enjoyable birding evening…
Photo: Curlew (Numenius arquata)
Have a look at many more pictures below!!!
Attracted by the presence of three Velvet Scoters here in the last days, I have visited the reserve this evening.
I met Mick Richardson whole looking for the Scoters so it was much easier to find them with his help. There was a big flock of Common Scoters and we soon spotted the three Velvet ones a little far away from the shore for some decent pictures.
Later, in the reserve, with the company of some Danish friends and Antonio Tamayo, we could enjoy great views of Curlew, Pintail, Spotless and Common Starlings, Spoonbill, Black-necked Grebes, Booted Eagles and Marsh Harriers among many other birds.
- Osprey (Pandion haliaetus) Osprey (Pandion haliaetus)
- Pintail (Anas acuta) Pintail (Anas acuta)
- Black-headed Gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus) Black-headed Gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus)
- Spotless Starlings and Curlew Spotless Starlings and Curlew
- Greenshank (Tringa nebularia) Greenshank (Tringa nebularia)
- Curlew (Numenius arquata) Curlew (Numenius arquata)
- Starling (Sturnus vulgaris) Starling (Sturnus vulgaris)
- Spoonbill and Cormorants Spoonbill and Cormorants
- Black-necked Grebes (Podiceps nigricollis) Black-necked Grebes (Podiceps nigricollis)